This is the latest quilt-in-progress. A local lady brought me several of her daughter's dresses and various baby clothes and wanted them incorporated into a quilt. I forgot to take a picture of the outfits before I started cutting into them. I usually get excited about a project and forget to take pictures before beginning.
I purchased the green and white polka dot and the white and green stripe to give some continuity to the quilt and in case I ran out of usable clothing scraps. Everything else is from an outfit. Dress skirts, even those for little girls, gives an amazing amount of fabric if you cut carefully. In some cases I was able to use the lace or ruffle around the hem on the quilt. I also cut around collars and bodices to applique. There is no pattern and I really didn't use rhyme or reason when assembling the blocks. Whatever fit went into a particular block, making sure that there was only one piece from any particular outfit in each block. Then I laid them out to determine placement.
I made twenty 18" square blocks to make the full size quilt. I chose not to use a border as I wanted the clothing to be the focus. It has been quilted in a large meander since the last picture was taken and I am in the process of binding it with the green polka dot, which should act as a frame for the quilt.