I am calling it done. Except I forgot to put on the label I made. Please leave a comment! Positive, negative, suggestions, observations, anything. I love feedback, it's how I learn and grow.
This was definitely a learning experience. And I must say, the finishing (border, backing) was the most difficult part. Much more so than making and embellishing the blocks. Before you read further, I do not receive anything for linking to store sites. I simply do it because I like to know what people use and where they get their supplies, so I assume others do, too.
I tied the quilt with Petunia 2mm silk ribbon, hiding the the knots. I went through the backing and the foundation fabric because I did not want the ribbon to show on the front. I buy most of my silk ribbon from silkribbon.com. Their ribbon takes dye very nicely. They are reasonably priced and ship very, very quickly.
This is the "soaring bird" from Urban Threads. I also have the "floral fascinator" on another block, but the picture came out way too fuzzy. You can see it in the top right corner in the picture of the whole quilt. This was my first foray into Urban Threads freestanding lace designs and I am very happy with the results. I bought a few other downloads that I am looking forward to making up.
I also purchased several pieces of lace from Sew-Biz Fabrics to dye. They are very reasonable and also ship very quickly. For someone who lives in the middle of no where, that is super important. These I finished with buttons from my small stash (hand me downs from grandmothers and other places), from Roxann, and from my aunt. Check out the cameo button from Aunt Tricia. It is my hands-down favorite.