1/3/13

Bits and Pieces

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  And if you do not celebrate Christmas, I hope you had a blessed whatever-you-believe-in. 

I would love to say that I spent the last two weeks completing all sorts of beautiful projects, but for the most part I just stressed and vegetated.  Oh, well.  I did clean my studio (a little-I can at least walk in the door again) and I cleaned my "nest" in the bedroom.  That's the area between my side of the bed and the wall where all of the bits and pieces of my latest project(s) land.  Books, scraps, heaps of thread snippets, needles in the carpet, etc. 

I also made these beauties with the embroidery machine:
 

Some designs were from Secrets of Embroidery and some from Urban Threads.  They were all gifts. 

I also made a nifty little needlebook for Kay, my office mate, who is now into hand embroidery. 

It includes 100% wool felt for the needles and 4 pockets for stashing stuff. 
The idea was from Marsha Michler's The Magic of Crazy Quilting, but the execution, size, etc, was my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment