2/13/13

Lots of Bits and Pieces

Happy Ash Wednesday! 
Last night my friend Lisa and I shared a booth at the local ladies Mardi Gras shopping extravaganza.  It is an event used to raise money for our local hospital.  This was my first time attending and I had a lot of fun.  I got to visit with tons of people that I never see.

First of all, this is the "Prayer Pillow" that I made.  For us Catholics, the crocheted pocket is a nifty place to store your rosary.  For other denominations, the pocket is great for tucking away your prayer intentions.  The pillow top itself is a hand embroidered crazy quilt block.  I sold this one last night, but I am definitely making one for myself.  My inspiration came from Chris at Redwood Mountain Musings.  She makes the most luscious prayer books dripping with lace. 
These are some of the other pillows (Lisa did the Virgin Mary one with hand beading) that I made:
And these are random pictures of our booth.  This was our first time joining our various stuff, so it was a learning experience.  Lisa makes body products (lotions, soap, etc), jewelry, and pillows.  I, of course, have the fat quarters, patterns, kits, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment