4/23/12

Golden Anniversary...Take Two

I revisited the anniversary block and came up with some additions.  I think it looks much, much better now.  This has made me want to take a harder look at a couple of the other blocks, which I will do in time. 
For starters, I added a satin stitch bow tie to my dad and white and red french knots to my mom's bouquet.  Just a touch of color, and true to what they had on their wedding day.  Then I threw in some pale pink (the color of the bridesmaid's dresses) satin ribbon to the lace framing their picture. 
I moved Laura's flower over to the center of the patch and made some buttonhole and split stitch leaves.  Then I added a length of hand dyed velvet ribbon.  I think this should all finish the block out nicely.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment