3/27/13

Drum Roll, Please!

I entered my crazy quilt in the Victoria (Texas) quilt show this last weekend.  It is non-judged show, but does have Viewer's Choice.
And I got first place in the Wall Hanging (smaller quilts) division!!!  I still can't believe it because I never win anything.  It is so gratifying that my fellow quilters appreciate the work that went in to this quilt.  Especially since my heart (and inspiration!) is truly in this labor of love.  I wasn't able to attend the show this year because of commitments here in town with my children and I really missed it.  I have seen a few pictures and the quilts were beautiful.  Hopefully next year I will be able to go.

And here is block #3 for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project. 
The picture is my grandparents, dad, and aunt.  The frame is wool felt with the outer edges pinked with my awesome pinking machine.  The surface work I just made up as I sewed.  I think it looks very sweet.  The laces are all from my stash of vintage stuff, except for the floral motif that is new and tea dyed.

The tricycle I drew on freehand with an air soluble marker.  I think it turned out cute.The green seam to the right still needs some work, though.
The lamp is a copy of the antique lamp in my living room that belonged to my husband's grandmother.  
Last but not least, the Virgin Mary.  She is framed with gathered gold ribbon.  I was trying to make it look like an ornate, heavy old frame.  I think that worked rather well.  I originally had some silk ribbon embroidery in this spot, but I really didn't like it. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment