3/8/13

Little of This, Little of That

This year I have been trying to post every week.  But this week I just couldn't find anything to post about.   It's already Friday and I am still at a loss, so I thought I would show off my new treasures.
First, my jet-setting friend Roxann just got back from a month in Hawaii and brought me a new book: 
Poakalani:  Hawaiian Quilts Volume I
I am as crazy about books as I am about fabric.  The history of the Hawaiian quilt in the introduction is very interesting and the block patterns are inspiring.  One of these days I will try making a block.  That is the other cool thing about this book, the blocks are designed as 18" cushions so that a beginner does not get overwhelmed.
Today I got the Kreinik Silk Mori floss that I ordered from Jewel on ebay.  Her floss is the cheapest that I've found and the customer service was awesome.  It says that your order may take two weeks or so, but I received mine in 8 days, and I live in the middle of nowhere. 
This is what I'll be playing with during spring break (I don't think I will be getting all of those little jobs around the house done this week!):

No comments:

Post a Comment