2/17/12

My Little Man

Have you ever noticed that your favorite project is the one you are working on now?  That's how I feel with my blocks.  My favorite is always the most recent.  This one showcases a picture of my son from 10+ years ago.
The pink medallion in the upper left corner is one that I tatted.  The shamrock is the national flower of Ireland.  The spiderweb is just because you have to have one on a crazy quilt, the orange and green lace medallion is one that I bought and dyed, and the lace is from my stash of vintage lace.  I can't get enough of that stuff. 


This pink silk is from an old kimono.  I picked up a grab bag of large squares of vintage kimono fabric at the 2011 San Antonio quilt show.  A friend mentioned that my block was looking a little sad, so I embellished this piece by stitching over the basket and making little tulle flowers with melted edges.  The flowers are about 3/4" each.

This is my big melty flower, about 4" across.  The tutorial for these flowers is on the Calamity Kim site.  I've only made the one large and 4 tiny, but it is so much fun!  I hope to make lots more soon.

1 comment: