2/25/12

Key to My Heart


Block 7!  Woo-hoo!!  I am going to have to take a break from the crazy quilt pretty soon so I can work on some more quilt patterns.  I hope to start selling them on etsy to get Lisa off my back drum up some business.  I really enjoy teaching classes, but I haven't had one since June.  Wow.  Time flies when you have no control over your life children.

Speaking of children, here is one of the little darlings who holds the key to my heart (get it?  There is a lock and key in the block under her).  The picture is about 9 years old because she was 5 at the time.  She is holding my baby doll, Mary, who was originally my dad's and is 70 years old.  Mary is wearing one of my baby outfits.  I spent a lot of time thinking about how to frame the picture.  I really like the wisteria tree I ended up with.  Embellishing this picture makes me want to go back and add more to my son's.  Ideas?  You probably can't tell, but I also picked out the headband in this picture with pink satin floss. 

The peacock is borrowed from Jenny Hart over at Sublime Stitching.  I hope to get one of her books soon.  She has a lot of vintage designs with a modern twist that appeal to me, like the birds and cameo.  Besides, you can't go wrong with a girl from Texas. 

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. 2 years later.....you finally have an etsy page!!!!! good for you and wonderful block!

    ReplyDelete